Wellness Blog #2 : Physical Wellness

Physical wellness is defined as promoting  our bodies for optimal health and functioning. Basically physical wellness is to encourage balance towards physical activity, nutrition and  mental well being to keep your body in top shape.

I believe physical wellness is important to me, because I am all for maintaining myself in good shape,  and eating right and exercising etc.  I just realized I started using physical wellness way more now than ever. I want to say I was super athletic freshman year because I had joined cross country and track. It was super fun but I felt as if I didn’t improve in running until track season. I saw myself as more fit but then come sophomore year, I stopped running completely.

I stopped for two years, then I gained weight and issues. I feel as if in between those two years, my physical wellness reduced completely. As well as not maintaining my physical wellness, I also lacked emotional wellness. I decided to change that when I joined PLA. I started getting better grades and took a liking into all my teachers.

In PLA English last year, we started our 20% blog and I chose to improve my mile time. Starting to run again felt like a fresh start, I didn’t end up improving my mile time but I did maintain physical wellness a bit.

Senior year, I have set a new goal; to lose weight and achieve the body I desire.  I was going to the gym but I stopped.  I now run everyday, sometimes I jog In order to do that, I will be doing a set of exercises and continue to run daily, but of course eat healthy.

With motivation and determination, I will achieve my goal regarding physical wellness. With physical wellness I will achieve the body I want.

Image result for physical wellness

This picture represents yoga, a activity that can relieve stress or just to stretch out your muscles etc. It can also be a form of meditation.

Being active helps maintain healthy bones, muscles and joints.

One thought on “Wellness Blog #2 : Physical Wellness”

1. Great post, Nancy!! I like your image…is the link under it referring to the image or is that your embedded quote? Either way, you still need both to be in this post. Otherwise, nice job:)